Let’s explore the wonderful benefits of essential oil diffusers
There are many benefits of essential oil diffusers, not the least that they are a very affordable and easy way to relax and chill out, increase your energy levels, improve your health and sleep better. This is a big ask from such a small and inexpensive oil diffuser, but apart from looking beautiful they do have some significant benefits for our health and well-being.
There are four different types of diffusers for essential oils on the market, from ultrasonic diffusers, nebulizing diffusers, evaporative diffusers and heat diffusers. Each of these diffusers are better for one reason or another.
Nebulizing diffusers: For example a nebulizing diffuser is necessary if you want to use essential oils therapeutically, as they are the only type of diffusers that do not dilute the essential oils, maintaining their therapeutic strength. Also, because they are waterless, they do not add humidity to the air, which is ideal for damp or humid conditions.
Ultrasonic diffusers: On the other hand, ultrasonic aromatherapy diffusers are ideal for adding beautiful fragrances to your home, but may reduce the effectiveness of the essential oils, because you have to add these oils to a water reservoir. They also add humidity to the air, which is perfect for dry conditions.
Evaporative diffusers: These diffusers use a fan to waft the essential oils through the air and tend to be one of the least expensive of the diffusers. They can also be very portable and are great the car or for taking on holiday. The problem with evaporative diffusers is fractioning, where the molecules of the essential oils are evaporated at different rates, reducing the efficacy of the oils.
Heat diffusers: These are your tea light diffusers and are the least expensive of the diffusers. Whilst many of these can be handcrafted in beautiful ceramics, heat diffusers also suffer from fractionalisation of the essential oils, so are better for adding fragrances to your room, rather than any therapeutic value.
As you can see, each type of aromatherapy diffuser has its good and bad points and each will offer you their own benefits – let’s look at 10 benefits of essential oil diffusers now.
10 benefits of using an essential oil diffuser in your home
- Chilling out and winding down: There are many ways to reduce stress, chill out and kick back at home. One of these ways is to use an essential oil diffuser, either just for the comforting feel of smelling a beautiful fragrance in the air or for the therapeutic effects of your favorite relaxing, essential oils.
- A good night’s sleep: One of the reasons why we don’t sleep well at night is because we are so stressed out in our daily lives. Using essential oils to help you relax and unwind at the end of a busy day will have a knock on effect by helping you to sleep better as well.
- Elevates your mood: Many of the essential oils are very good at elevating your mood and making you feel better during the day. They can help you to de-stress, increase your energy levels and help you to put a positive spin on your day. A quick blast of your oil diffuser in your office during your lunchtime break will set you up for a perfect afternoon at work.
- Breathe easy: One of the commonest causes of blocked sinuses and a runny nose is too much humidity in the air. So a nebulizing essential oil diffuser is ideal, because it doesn’t increase the humidity (it is waterless) and diffuses essential oils into the air that help to relax your nasal passages, reduce inflammation and help you to breathe more easily.
- Improve concentration: When your brain is all foggy and you need to focus on your work, a diffusion of essential oils will help to clear your mind and bring clarity to your day. There are essential oils to improve your memory, your focus and your concentration and they are ideal for everyone, including students. These work well in all types of diffusers, but for the best therapeutic effects, check out a nebulizing diffuser.
- Purify the air: Many essential oils are known for their anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and their efficacy can be increased by using an essential oil diffuser to distribute these oils throughout the air. You can not only purify the air in your home, but you can also increase everyone’s immune systems and help to keep your family healthy.
- Beautiful fragrances: There is nothing quite like a beautiful floral perfume or a zingy, tangy fragrance in your home to brighten everyone’s mood. We all love our homes to smell beautiful and if you can use essential oils that not only smell glorious, but also help you to relax, it is a win-win situation. An essential oil diffuser makes a wonderful gift for both yourself, your friends and your relatives.
- Removes bad smells: Forget the air freshener in an aerosol can and instead, diffuse the scent of some fabulous essential oils throughout your home. These will combat any musty, fishy or other bad smells that might be hanging around and put a spring in your step as well.
- Improves the immune system: With the overuse of antibiotics many people are turning to alternative therapies to help maintain their health. Supporting our immune systems is vital to our ongoing health and one of the benefits of essential oil diffusers is that we can use the natural properties of essential oils in our homes in a very effective and cheap way to help keep everyone healthy.
- Reduces anxiety: When your life becomes too full of stress and your anxiety levels increase, it is time to lift your depression and use some essential oils that are calming and uplifting. Essential oils are well known as natural remedies for anxiety and depression, making it very worthwhile investing in a beautiful aromatherapy oil diffuser.
With these 10 benefits of essential oil diffusers, you will have no problem finding the best diffuser for your needs and the most suitable essential oils for your needs.